The Indian School was established in 1939 and welcomed its first set of students on the 2nd of July of the same year. After fifty years of steady progress, the school celebrated its Golden jubilee on the 1st November 1991.
Though originally a Gujarati medium school, the school began to feel a growing pressure and demand to convert the medium of instruction to English so as to meet the challenges of the modern era. The management in June 1987 effected this change.
The years have flown by since and the standard set by the school has seen the student strength grow very positively each year. Prior to 1993 it was situated at different locations and the growing demand for admission began to strain its existing facilities.
It was therefore, decided to shift the entire school to a larger and well designed building that would offer better facilities in terms of a large playground, spacious classrooms, laboratories, a hall and adequate administrative space.
In 1992 it was also decided to upgrade it to secondary level. An application for a composite affiliation was made in the academic year 1992-93. The rented premises of the school and its future plans for a state of the art school building were inspected in November 1992 and the school was granted composite affiliation till Grade X for 1993 (vide C.B.S.E. letter reference number CBSE/Aff/91/61304, dated 22-12-1992). The first batch of Class X students appeared at the AISS Examination of the C.B.S.E. in March 1996. It was upgraded to Senior Secondary School in 1999 and the first batch of Class XII students appeared at the Board examination in 2001.
Telephone: 24816633 (4 Lines)
Primary & K.G
Telephone: 24813179 / 24810991 / 24814066