Post # 1
95-year-old duped of over Rs 22 lakh in Delhi
NEW DELHI: Unidentified people duped a 95-year-old retired director of Punjab and Sind Bank by withdrawing over Rs 22 lakh from his account on forged cheques, police said on Saturday.

In a series of withdrawals between June 6 and June 27, the criminals took a sum of Rs.22,87,000 from the bank account of Gurbhajan Singh, resident of Tilak Marg, with his forged signatures, police said.

Singh, who registered a police complaint Thursday, told police: "I had applied for statement of my account at Punjab National Bank and on perusal of the same I was shocked to know that a sum of Rs.22,87,000 had been withdrawn."

He also said that the cheques used to withdraw the money were never with him. "I had applied for a new cheque book in December 2010 which I have never received," Singh said in his complaint.

Singh, who has also worked as a director in Bank of Punjab, said he was dismayed to be cheated of his hard-earned savings.

He had complained of the "serious lapse" to the bank in July, but filed the police complaint at seeing no outcome to the complaint he made at the bank.

Police said that they have started an investigation.
Post # 2
RE: 95-year-old duped of over Rs 22 lakh in Delhi
so sad but i am sure our police can never catch the actual culprits...

Quick Reply

You must login to post reply.